CGES Graduate Student Research Assistant (RA) Competition for Fall 2017
The Center for German and European Studies announces two research assistantships (50% appointment including tuition remission and health insurance) to be offered to well-qualified students whose research fits within the six CGES themes for 2017-2018. Descriptions of these themes can be found at: http://daadcenter.wisc.edu/research/. Students who have not demonstrated the relevance of their application to one of the six themes will not be considered. Students are expected to complete a significant piece of research of their own during the Fall 2017 semester and to submit a report of the work accomplished by the end of December 2017.
Students must satisfy the following requirements:
• Full-time graduate student status at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Completion of at least one full academic year of classes in a UW-Madison graduate program by September 2017.
• Research thematically related to at least one of the six CGES project areas (http://daadcenter.wisc.edu/research/).
The Center will provide R.A. support for the following types of students:
• Doctoral candidates engaged in a course of study that will lead to a dissertation in German and European Studies
• Students who are now pursuing or may pursue a Ph.D. minor in German and/or European Studies Professional school students (JD, LLM, MS, MBA) currently developing expertise in German and European topics
To apply, send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A one-page cover letter with the following information: name, contact information, departmental affiliation, title of research project, and the name of one UW-Madison faculty member familiar with your work, preferably one of the CGES faculty participants seen here (http://daadcenter.wisc.edu/research/).
• One-page abstract of your research project including a statement about where your research fits into your plan of studies (e.g., MA thesis, pre-dissertation work, dissertation) and how it relates to one or more of the thematic program areas of CGES.
• A current curriculum vitae and an informal copy of your transcript
Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017
For more information contact:
The Center for German and European Studies
213 Ingraham, 1155 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706